Monday, January 17, 2011

Sunday - a day spent at the Pool. Ran a 5k.

Sunday is our day of rest (we work half-days on Saturday). My buddies went golfing in Djibouti which I decided not to do. Since my work and CLU did not have power for most of the day, I decided to hang out at the Pool. Its is covered and 20 meters long. It is close by my work so I plan on using it for lunch breaks later on when it gets really hot. I swam 4 sets of 10 laps for 800 meters total. After a late lunch, the power was back on in my CLU and I rested a little while and then changed into my PT gear to run the MLK 5K run/3K walk. I wanted to see if I could handle the 5K and was able to finish it in 30 minutes so I felt pretty good about that.

I heard from the guys that went golfing that it was more like a Safari than a golf outing - Camels roaming around, sand and dirt but no putting greens!

I have been participating in morning fitness exercises for about 3 weeks now and am starting to get in better shape.

No comments:

Post a Comment