Saturday, January 8, 2011

First real week of work.


This week has been a busy one. The Holiday work routine is over and it is time to get on with our jobs. I was able to finish two reports covering our work in East Africa. I am learning a lot about the purpose of CJTF-HOA and how all of these missions fit into a grander strategy. Being assigned here is interesting work. Everyday we apply what we learn to future activities.

Friday, I was asked to do roam around Djibouti City checking out restaurants, bars, clubs, and hotels to see if anyone is doing anything bad, i.e. patronizing off-limit areas and drinking alcohol. I was the driver. So within a week I now have experience driving during the night and day.
Nothing out of the ordinary happened. Next time I will eat at one of the local restaurants.

No comments:

Post a Comment